This is the second article of the series of using Auctiva. In the last post, I talked about account setup and the first part of creating a new listing. In this article, I will finish the rest of the sections of creating a new listing.
This is an optional tool to increase exposure to the market. I will not get into details. Please spend some time to look into it yourself.
– Location: You want to tell the buyers where your warehouse is located (where your product is going to be shipped from), so they can have a better idea when to expect the item – It’s extremely helpful when during holiday seasons as nobody wants the gift later than the date they need it. To deliver on time is the most important in this matter. If you are in North America, you can simply enter the zip code and it should fill out your city state (province).
– Options: By indicting “Domestic Handling Time”, buyers can tell how quickly you will send out the product. Please be aware of that shorter handing time will result better customer experience. You should keep your promise as much as possible because handling time is now one of the main categories to fill out when leaving the feedback and it can affect your reputation directly.
– Ship to Location & Exclude Location: If you are not shipping to worldwide, this is the place for you to tell your buyers.
– Domestic and International Shipping Services: The most common used ones are “flat rate shipping” and “calculated rate shipping”. In most of cases, I use flat rate, because it’s simple and easy. Even though “calculated rate shipping” is more accurate, you need to spend a lot of time to enter dimensions and weights for each product in order to run the calculator from shipping carriers to tell the cost of the shipment.
Most common practice is to provide combine shipping, which means you charge less shipping cost for any additional item people are buying from you after the first one. To give you an idea, I charge 50% of regular shipping cost for each additional item purchased.
In order to keep your business automatic, try to avoid “local pick” unless it’s really convenient to you, but think about the time and efforts you need to put in to handle this on regular base before you grant the option.
– Auctiva Shipping Insurance: I usually round the insurance charge to the total shipping cost, so I do not use this option.
– Payment: Enter your PayPal email address to make sure the payments going into the right PayPal you want. PayPal is by far the only payment method I accept for all my eBay sales. If you are interested to set up other method of collecting payment, by all mean, feel free to use them.
“Require Immediate Payment” is available only to fixed price listing without best offer option (no negotiation allowed). Why do you want to use this option? For each unpaid item, it takes you at least 7 days to get your listing fees and final value fees back, so I found it’s very time consuming when dealing with unpaid issues. In order to improve eBay selling efficiency, I always make sure immediate payment is required.
– Sales Tax: this is for accounting purpose. By law in most of the states in USA and provinces in Canada, sellers are required to collect tax when sales are made where this business is located. As I am not an accountant, I will strongly suggest you to talk to your accountant if you have any particular questions regarding this matter.
– Return Policy: The best practice is to provide at least 14 days return and you can fill out refund, return shipping and restocking fee according to the nature of your products.
Now you reach the end of the listing page. After you complete the listing, you can preview it to make sure it’s looking good overall. Estimate the eBay fee to know the cost of your listing and check possible error in you listing and fix them if there are any.
Lastly, you have options to:
– Save the listing for future use
– Post the listing into your eBay account now
– Schedule a future time to post the listing
Please notice that, the listing will be automatically saved once it’s posted.
Alright, I am going to wrap up here. By this point, you know how to create a new listing in Auctica. In next article, I will talk about some other functions in Auctiva to organize the listing contents better and further improve the efficiency after the very first listing is created.
Please go ahead with your comments and questions as usual. Until next time…
Many years ago, when I first use eBay to sell my personal stuffs, I created each listing individually and the repeating process bugs me all the time. As soon as I treat my eBay selling as a business, I was actively looking for tools to help with efficiency. Eventually I found a good tool called Auctiva. From the definition from Wikipedia,
“Auctiva is an eBay auction management system, founded in 1998 by Jeff Schlicht”
Auctiva provides a user friendly interface to help build listing profiles and save them as template to make future listings fast and easy. In this article, I am going to demonstrate how Auctiva is working and I highly encourage you to learn and master this tool.
Originally I plan to put everything about Auctiva into one single post, however as my writing goes, I realized that this will result a super long post, so in order to keep a good size for each of the listing, I will instead start a series. In this first article of the series, I will talk about setting up Auctiva account and first part of new listing demonstration.
Set Up an Account
Comparing to eBay and PayPal, Auctiva account is much easier to set up. In addition, to help you to get started easily, Auctiva provides a trial version and makes the best customer experience. There are only 3 pieces of information needed to start a free trial account: User Name, Password and E-mail address. Even after the trial period is over, you can still keep the account free if you do not purchase a monthly plan. Please see all the free tools in the picture below while keeping a free account.
If you are an active eBay seller and constantly listing lots of items, you can choose a monthly plan from Auctiva (with details of pricing and contents of the package). Just for your reference, the current plan I am using is “Advanced plan.” costing $10 per month.
You might have known this already, but I just want to make sure if you like to select a plan or switch a plan once the account is set up, you can go to “Change Plan” in the “Account” section under “My Account” from the top menu once you log into your Auctiva account.
Again before I go into details of Auctiva, I want to make it very clear here that I am only going through the most important functions I use the most, but please play around with other functions because you might have good ideas of utilizing them and do not forget to come back and share your experiences of using Auctiva.
Create a new listing
Now let’s get into the part where you can put in your hard work. Remember you might need to work a little harder upfront (depending on how many individual products you want to list, just to give you an idea, I have about 200-300 listings for each of my product line), but later on you can enjoy the benefit of working whenever you need to mainly by answering questions, processing orders and manage the listings.
As the picture shows above, through the top menu, under “Listings”, you can choose to create a new listing. By click on the link, you will be directed to the page of “Create an eBay Listing”. If you have any experience with creating a listing inside your eBay account, you will notice that this “one page” platform is more user-friendly and saves you more clicks and time to have the listing alive without missing any necessary details.
When I say “one page”, it means all the details you need to enter before publishing the listing are only on single web page, so you do not need to click through different pages and wait for each page to load up. Less clicks = less hassle, and you can have all the information in a listing saved and published at once. Just for your reference, by the time I write this post, I experimented to create a new listing my eBay account and found out it actually took me to click through 5 different pages to eventually publish a listing.
Now let me walk you through all the details on this one page platform to walk you through the process. If you have any questions, by all means, send me an email, or leave me a comment, I will do my best to help you with more details.
As showing in the picture above, the first 2 sections are basic setting for a listing.
– Create an eBay Listing:
– Skip to a Section:
This is used to help you easily navigate to a different section of this one page platform, so you do not have to go through all the details every single time.
As this section has lots of information, I divided it into three parts. Now let’s look at the first part:
– Load Profile: again I will go into more details to Profile in a separate article of this series and for now it just gives an option to load up some pre-filled information to save you time
– Title: I will say this is the most important part of you listing. Why? No matter how great your product is and how beautiful your listing is designed, if buyers can’t find your listing, you are pretty much just wasting your time by only enjoying with yourself. Therefore, as part of marketing strategy, title becomes extremely important when grabbing buyers’ attention. How to make an effect title? – to add most relevant keyword to the title. You don’t just brainstorm the keyword yourself, here are some helpful tips in one of previous post talking about how to use Terapeak to find the most relevant key words.
Please note that I do not encourage you to use “Subtitle”. Not just because it costs you money to add a sub title, based on my research, there is no significant advantage of using them.
– First Category: By clicking “Mange List”, a list of recent used categories will be opened up for you to choose from on the right hand side (where it’s showing blank right now). If this is a brand new product that has no relationship with your previous products, you can browse or search through all the categories available on eBay.
– Item Condition Note: Other than simply telling the buyers your product is new or used, you can add more details of your product to provide better customer experience and save you more trouble from possible argument later on.
– Second Category: The option is useful when you want to insert your listing to two different categories on eBay to increase the market exposure. Please be noticed that this does cost an extra fee though.
Now let’s look at the second part.
– First and Second Store Category: The reason eBay has category is to keep all the listings well organized, so same idea here, in order to help buyers with easy navigation, eBay Sore Category is necessary. In my last post about eBay Store, I talked about how to manage categories, and here we simply choose which category the listing belongs to. When new store categories are created in eBay account, they do not get updated in Auctiva account automatically. To synchronize the change, you need to manually go to top menu, “My Account” -> “Settings – eBay” ->”Update Store Categories from eBay”.
– Item Description: This is where you put in your own words. To keep it well organized, you can consider adding a template, which I will talk about later in this post. Good item description does not only contain text. Integrate photos and videos into the description can definitely help with more attractions.
In the last part,
– Auctiva Image Selection: Auctiva provides the service as an image host, so you can upload images up to size 2 GB (depending on which monthly plan you choose) and for each listing as per eBay’s standard, you can add up to 12 images.
– Price: Start Price and Reserve Price are prices used for Auction type of listings and they will be grayed out if fixed price listing is chosen. “Buy it Now Price” is how much you want to sell your product for.
By ticking “Accept offers from buyers”, you give the option to your buyers to negotiate the price, but in order to keep the offering price in control, I will suggest you to utilize auto decline offers and auto accept offers.
For each listing, you can list multiple items – please notice that this option is not available when you have feedback score less than 10.
Duration is how long you would like to list your product for. The ones I always use are 30 days and “good till cancelled”
If you do not want other people except for you and the buyer to know too much about the transaction, you can choose to set up listing as private. I sellers usually use it for expensive items such as jeweleries and cars. I have not used this before myself.
– Template: This is a format to organize the contents of your listing by separating them into different sections. I will get into more details in a later post.
Alright, I will end the first post of this series here and please let me know if you have any question and feel free to leave comments.
In my previous post, I went through most of the basic functions an eBay seller should be familiar with. In this post, I am going to show some essential tools you can subscribe to your eBay account to improve the efficiency of selling products. Even though most of them are paid tools with monthly charges, I highly recommend you to at least give them a try (you can always cancel them at any time. You might have to pay for one month though), because the time and energy they end up saving you is invaluable.
Why open an eBay store and pay a monthly charge?
Image the difference between selling random things on a website such as Craiglist and selling several categories of different product lines on an official online retail store, it’s not hard to tell which one will present more professionalism. There are lots of benefits to have an eBay store.
Most importantly, to generate steady monthly income, you want to build up your brand on eBay, which is the best way to retain earnings from your loyal customers to a well-organized store after providing first class customer services.
In addition, with a fixed monthly charge, insertion fee for listing each individual product in a store is significantly lower than the fee without a store. E.g. Insertion Fee for 1 Fixed Price listing without a store is $0.50; it only costs $0.20 to list the same product in a basic store; for veteran sellers with subscription of the most comprehensive store (Anchor Store), the same listing only costs $0.02. It’s not hard to figure out how much it can save you when you have hundreds or thousands of listings.
Efficiency is always an important thing I personally care the most. No matter how much money I can make per month, if my time is used up, (e.g. I need to work for 12 hours a day on average) my future growth will become nearly impossible – if I have no time to explore new opportunities, I rather stop what I am doing even though it’s making good money. Therefore to manage my eBay business efficiently is what I enjoy the most from eBay store subscription.
How to subscribe (open) an eBay store?
On “My eBay” page, under the tab “Account”, by clicking on “Subscription”, you will be brought to “Subscription” page as showing below
As you can see, there are total 5 subscriptions to choose from. In my post, I will only focus on “eBay Stores” and “eBay Selling Manager” (later in this post). Please feel free to try other subscriptions yourself and if you have any great experience from them, please come back and share it to everyone.
eBay Store has 3 different levels, basic store, premium store and anchor store. For a complete comparison among them for price, listing charges and features, please check out this eBay page. If you are a new seller account, with the current requirement from eBay, you can only start with the basic store, but as your sales go, as soon as you hit more than 10 feed backs with a good standing, you will be granted the option to subscribe a different store. The following table has complete recommendations and requirement for each store.
If you like numbers, there is another tool provided by eBay. It can show you how much it will cost you very month based on volume of listings and sales in your store – which is my favorite part. Based on the analysis, my pick right now is Premium Store package.
Handy eBay Store Functions
I am not going through each function of eBay stores in details as I assume if you are serious enough on your eBay business, you will spend some time to look into them. Here I just want to share my experiences of using some functions of Premium Store (the one in my subscription) which I found very handy while managing listings and sales.
– Custom Page & Custom Store Header: With a store subscription(any store), you have the ability to use customized pages to build up your brand. You can add your own logo and links to the store header to help customers easily recognize your brand and navigate in your store.
– Promotion box: If you have any featured item or anything on sales, this function can highlight them to cause more attentions from your customers.
– Store Categories: Up to the capacity of 300 categories (including sub categories). If you are not good at HTML or do not feel confident enough to make some Custom Page, this function can help you organize your listings and your customers will definitely appreciate the easy navigation.
– FREE sales management tools: I am going into more details in the next section
– Markdown manager: Want to boost sales when holiday season is approaching? This function can easily add a dollar amount or a percentage discount to your existing listings. To put something on sales, you can have them done in as quickly as 5 minutes.
– Vacation Hold: Once switch on, the system will send an auto message to customers when they have any inquiry while you are away. I traveled to China 3 times last year and I can’t tell you enough how much I like this handy function.
– Off eBay Email Marketing: After buyers subscribe your store newsletter, guess how many opportunities will be opened up to you when dealing with your loyal customers.
I highly recommend you to play around with the functions of eBay Store, I am sure you will be surprised by how much the store features can help for your business. Want to be a store owner now?
Selling Manager Pro
I went through functions of “My eBay” in my last post. It’s a very basic selling tool to handle individual listings and sales. Now to go on a step further as you want to prepare yourself before volume is picking up, I will introduce a new tool – Selling Manager Pro. To review the difference between different selling tools on eBay, you can take a look at simple comparison among 3 selling tools on eBay. In this section, I will highlight the benefits of using Selling Manager Pro.
Easy to Start
Selling Manger Pro is a paid tool costing $15.95 per month, but eBay is nice enough to provide a 30-day trail to get you try it before you commit – so you have nothing to loss, yeah! One thing I want you to keep in mind is, if you subscribe “Premium Store” or “Anchor Store”, this tool is free to use, so by taking this combination into consideration, Premium Store is not really too much more expensive than Basic Store – which is one of the main reasons I picked Premium store.
Please note that Selling Manager Pro is subscribed per each eBay site, so I highly recommend you to subscribe it to the site you use to list all the products. In my case, I use ebay.com, so I subscribe it to my account at ebay.com. If you want to subscribe it to more than one eBay site, you will need to pay the monthly charge for each site – don’t pay more than you need to.
Easy to Use
You can find Selling Manager Pro at your selling section because it’s an upgrade of that section. Now let’s look at the regular selling section from My “eBay” and Selling Manager Pro side by side,
As you can see, Selling Manager Pro has more functions while managing listings and sales. Similar to last section, I am only going through the functions I used the most. Please feel free to have your own investigation done as well.
Selling Manager Pro provides the ability to edit same section of multiple listings at the same time. The sections I advise a lot includes:
– Handling time
– Payment information
– Price, Quantity and Best Offer
– Return Policy
For example, if you want to revise your return policy, you can simply choose all the listing that you want to revise and enter the new return policy once. You should not go through each individual listing for the same stuff, so now you do not have to.
By setting up automation rules, you can relist or stop the listings under certain circumstances. This is very useful when controlling inventory. If your listing is stopped as soon as you run out of inventory, you will never run into the situation that you have to apologize to your buyers about the item is not in stock after they bought the item – trust me, this is a big time saver.Furthermore, if you list your items for a duration of 10 days or 30 days and you want it to be automatically relisted after they end, with this function, you do not need to log into your account to manually relist them every 10 or 30 days.
If you mind being polite to leave feedback to your buyers or want to be notified when things went wrong with listings, this is a perfect place to handle them by the system without spending extra time. Another big time saver with no doubt.
Want to increase your sales volume, marketing is an essential. eBay add this new section to help start some marketing strategies by implementing Email marketing, Promotional flyer and RSS Feeds.
With Selling Manager, I only need to work average 2-3 hours per week mainly on answering questions from customers and process the order (collecting money, nice!). To automatically manage the sales and listing revisions on over 500 listings, the benefit of using Selling Manager Pro makes me sell like a pro!
“Applications” section is added by eBay not too long ago, but there are lots of great tools in the section help making a revolution change to experience of selling on eBay. As it’s very new, I personally do not have too much experience with it yet, but I will talk about some basic stuffs here and leave the rest of the venture to be explored by you, my readers.
How does it work?
If you have any experience with smart phone apps, this works in a very similar way. Thinking of eBay account as the operating system of the smart phone and the applications are like apps you can download to your phone as plug–ins to add more functions to your phone. Or it’s just like software you can install to your computer empowering it to work for you on different tasks.
Two Applications I personally use
– eBay Listing Analytics: It gives great insights of your products and provides the detailed data of the sales from listings in your store. If you enjoy statistics like me, this is a very effective way to improve your sales by studying the previous record. Plus all the data is downloadable, so you can have your work down even when you are offline.
– Outright: This is a tool to help record total sales, profits and expenses. The simple charts make your sales report and accounting report easily. I used to manually record each listing into my own excel sheet by plugging in mathematical functions to calculate eBay and PayPal fees, but since I found this tool, it saves all my hassles on report making. How much time this tool saves me per week? At least 2.
The future potentials
What makes Apple iPhone a better smart phone than the phones made by its competitors such as Samsung, Nokia and Blackberry? Better display or easy-to-use system, cooler design or better battery – maybe a little bit. The most powerful Apple iTune App Store gives the best user experiences ever. Thousands of new Apps are developed every day and total iTunes app download is over 10 billion times after 6 years since it first appears onto the market. This huge influence in the world is absolutely amazing!
eBay adopted the same idea by laughing “Applications” section in eBay seller account . Millions of eBay users will be definitely benefited by more handy “applications” in the future, so I truly believe this is going to be the future of eBay selling.
Alright, I know you have been reading a lot and about to complain…I apologize for the super long post, but hope you enjoy the reading some far. I have covered lots of things in the post and if you have any questions, please leave your comments and I will help with clarifications and detail explanations. Thank you!
Have a great one, everybody!
I hope you had some fun with my demonstration in the last post. Please continue bearing with me for this post and the coming post as I am going to show you how to use Ebay account to operate your business.
In this post, I am going to talk about all the basic functions every ebay account comes with and in the next blog post, I will focus on talking about the add-on tools. (There will be monthly charge involved for most of the add-ons) I will leave the decision to you to choose from the tools that suits your situation.
As Ebay has very detailed information about all the functions and features, I am not going to go through everything in details. Here I will only focus more on the functions and Things I use the most. If you need help on basic stuff, please find the information from Ebay Customer Support. If you have any questions regarding the methods I am using, please contact me directly. If you are not using Ebay very often, the functions and features might look a little bit complicated at the beginning, but trust me, once you get used to it, it’s fairly easy to use. Please feel free to skip some of the details if you are already familiar with them.
After log into your ebay account, by clicking on My Ebay (at the right top corner of the page) -> Summary, you will see your main page. If you are new to Ebay, the default “My eBay” landing page is set to “Summary”. By any chance you want to change that, on the right hand side of the main page, there is an option to change that setting (Please see the picture below).
What is behind your ID?
On the main page, right below Ebay logo, you will find your Ebay ID. In any communications with customers, this is used as your nick name. In my opinion, this needs to be easy to remember, as it gives you more opportunities to generate business – when there is chance for you to tell someone about your business, at least they can easily keep you ebay ID in mind.
Right beside your Ebay ID, there is a number showing. It’s called feedback score, which is used to keep track of the reputation of a seller/buyer on ebay. In most of the cases, higher the score, more transactions have been completed for the Ebay ID.
If you have a brand new account, in the first 30 days, you will have the shining icon right beside your feedback score (as showing in the picture above)
Both of Ebay ID and on the main page are clickable. By clicking on Ebay ID, you will be brought to Ebay My World page. This is a little place you can add some information about yourself. Many sellers on ebay spend some time to personalize this page, because it gives people who you communicate with a personal touch, so they do not feel like they are dealing with a machine or robot. By clicking on feedback score, you will be directed to feedback profile. Please click here to find out more about how feedback works on Ebay. To better understand how feedback profile is working will not only help you on maintaining your own reputation, but also help you study how other sellers were doing – this is especially important when you study your competitors.
3 most used Tabs
Now let’s go back to the main page and look at the three tabs under ebay ID.
Active and Sold are the sections I use the most. “Active” section shows all the products I am selling and I always make sure the ended items (after the listing period) are renewed properly and have a basic idea what percentage of my listed products are sold. “Sold” section tells me the selling history, so I know which products are more popular than other and what kind of sales volume I am having for each time period.
This part of your account is acting as a simplified version of email system. Even though it does not have all the fancy functions life Google Gmail and Microsoft Hotmail, for simple communications between sellers and buyers, it’s sufficient and easy to use. If you know how to use email, I don’t think you have any trouble with it.
In last blog post, I went through the PayPal section of the tab. Other sections such as personal information, addresses, communication preferences and site preference, have all the basic information of your account. These are straight forward, so I would not waste any time here. What I want to talk about a little more are the followings:
If you are an experienced ebay seller and have any good information to share about handling Ebay account, your comments and ideas are greatly appreciated here. See you next time.
In my last post, I went through the process of opening Ebay and PayPal accounts. Once the accounts are opened, you can link them together to build the backend of your business and put in the hard work consistently. Before I dive into the details of the PayPal account, let’s look at how to link your Ebay and PayPal accounts together.
Link Ebay and PayPal accounts
To link Ebay and PayPal accounts, you will first need to log into your Ebay account. Once logged in, most likely you will be directed to “My Ebay Summary”, of not, simply click on “My ebay” at the right top corner of the page (Please see the picture below)
In the middle of the “My Ebay” page, right under your id, there are four tabs, which you will use a lot when operating your business, but as this post is focusing on PayPal, I will not go into too much details. For more information about Ebay, please stay tuned for my next 2 blog posts regarding Ebay particularly.
By clicking on “PayPal Account” from the drop down menu of the tab “Account”, you will be landing onto the page showing as following:
By clicking on the button, “Link My PayPal Account” and entering the login information of you PayPal account, your Ebay account and Paypal account will be linked together. Not sure if it’s done properly? You can go back to “PayPal Account” section in your Ebay account and double check. Now you will see the following.
Ok, now if you want to purchase anything from a seller on Ebay by using your account, you can do so. After you have done shopping, when check out, the linked PayPal account will pop up and ask you to enter your login information in order to submit your payment.
Inside PayPal account
2. Basic functions:
“Protection for items not received
When you ship to the address on this page and provide proof that the item was delivered, you’re protected against claims for items not received. For complete requirements, seeterms.
Protection for unauthorized payments
When you ship to the address on this page and provide proof that the item was shipped, you’re protected against claims for unauthorized payments. For complete requirement, see terms.”
Therefore as a seller, when receiving a payment, you need to make sure you are eligible for seller protection (as showing in the picture below) – to give you a safe mind.
3. Paypal fees: PayPal is collecting fees while providing the platform and protection to help buyers and sellers complete financial transactions.
The amount of fees that PayPal collects can be found in the 8th section of this file. What I want to emphasis here is merchant rates, because it can potentially save you some money. The following is an example for domestic purchase payments in Canadian Dollars. Make sure to apply for merchant rates when you have bid volume in sales as that 0.4% – 1% does matter in your profit margin.
Please follow this instruction to apply for merchant rates:
Fees (once log in, click the link “fees” at the bottom of log in page – right above the copyright info) -> purchase (click on the link in the purchase section on the left hand side) -> PayPal Merchant Fees (click on the link in the “accepting payment” section) -> standard merchant services (click on the link, “view all fees” in “standard merchant services” section) -> Volume Tiers (click the link in “Volume Tiers” section)
I think I will end this post here, but that does not mean I went through all the major functions of PayPal. In fact, if you run an online store (I mean by having your domain name, own website.), PayPal can provide much more powerful tools, however as my purpose is to help Ebay sellers, the information above should be sufficient.
To the readers
I apologize for the long and dry demonstration. I was trying my best to make everything as clear as possible. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.
Even though most of you have had some experiences with ebay, I still want to spend some time to go over the process of setting accounts with Ebay and Paypal very quickly here. I know newbies will definitely appreciate it, so please bear with me. If you have already gone through all the account setting of Ebay and Paypal, you can definitely skip this article and check my next few blog posts for other information.
No matter where you are located in the world, I will suggest you to try to register your account at ebay.com. Even though some of the functions are not working for you if you are not living in USA, as long as you can list your products onto ebay.com, always start from there, because ebay.com is the top ebay site with the most visitors. I don’t how many times I want to mention it here – For an online business entrepreneur, traffic and conversion rates are the only two things matter to you.
In this post, I will use pictures to demonstrate the process. As there are lots of details I want to emphasize, in my opinion, videos might not work as well as pictures. Of course if you miss my voice, you can always go to my YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/user/createvalueshare.
Register an ebay account is very straight forward, after you go to ebay.com, on the left hand side of your screen (see the picture below on the left hand side), you will see a link to bring you to the registration page. Click on the link and fill out the information on the registration page (see the picture below on the right hand side)
I will highly recommend to have a separate email address for your ebay business. Depending on the number of listing and your sales volume. You might expect well over 100 emails a day – I an not kidding, so in order to make your life easier, please do not use your regular daily personal email address that you communicate with family and friends for the business purpose. If you are having trouble to register any email address, please check my video on How to register a Gmail Email Account.
Once you submit you personal information, you will receive confirmation on your computer screen and also in your email box that you provided to Ebay and you will be logged into you new ebay account automatically.
Paypal as a financial institution handling online payment for buyers and sellers need more information for its account opening. Similar to ebay, the “Sign Up” link (as showing below)
will bring you to the page to choose account type. As I mentioned in my previous post, it’s completely up to you run the Ebay business online as a person or business. If personal, I will suggest to go with Premier as it provides functions to seller for collecting payment.
All the detail personal information is mandate. When there is any change to your personal information, make sure you update the information as soon as possible as I am assuming you do not want to miss any important message from Paypal when they have questions about money in your account.
After you fill out the personal information, Paypal will ask you to link either your bank account or credit card to your Paypal account. As a seller, you will most likely transfer your profit from Paypal account to bank account in the future, I will suggest you to go with “Pay with my Bank Account”.
Unless you know your banking information by heart like me, (My advantage of working for a financial institution before kicks in here!) you will need a cheque handy to enter your banking information. After you enter all the information, the following page will appear as to be safe, Paypal wants to confirm your account to make sure it gets linked to your right account.
One more important thing to mention here is to get your Paypal account confirmed as soon as you receive the two small amount deposited into your bank account. This will remove the limit on your Paypal account. For details of verifying your account and limit on your brand new unverified account, please click on the link on the front page of your Paypal account. (as showing below)